Post date: Jul 26, 2013 5:57:18 PM
To make learning programming easier, we are going to use the RobotC Virtual World robots to start running our programs.
- Log in to your CS2N accounts
- Go to "RobotC for FTC Groups" in your Summer Robotics Group
- Take the "Robot Movement Quiz" in Section #2 (review videos as needed)
- Watch "Forward for Distance" in Section #4 (learn about nMotorEncoder command)
- Then, Open RobotC program, and configure to complete code exampled in Forward for Distance video.
- Remember to change Compile Target to Robot Virtual (RVW)
- Write code to move your robot forward 'exactly' 5 feet.
- Review the videos from yesterday on "using NXT motors as Encoders" for your physical TETRIX robot.
- Write your own code to go exactly 5 feet, just like you did in the RVW.
- You will need to do some mathematical calculations here to determine distance per rotation for your robot.
Note: if you're having trouble getting your motors to run in sync, try adding code from the attached doc