Spreadsheet Cell Formatting
Post date: Sep 5, 2013 6:09:41 PM
Spreadsheets are a powerful tool for working with data and numbers. Learning to format cells to show and work with data correctly is the first step. After that, we will begin adding formulas to do the 'heavy lifting' of making calculations, like a "calculator on steroids."
- Move your shared Assignment Template document to your My Drive folders
- Add text and data to your spreadsheet (see examples)
- What are some examples of data that we could calculate?
- Include columns for text, date, dollars, numbers
- Include column title, Headers, etc that stand our as bold, or other contrasting & size formatted.
- You may find it easier to create more than one sheet tab to meet these requirements.
- Include calculated cells using formulas.
Resources: Check out some of these examples for ideas on layout and formatting.